It’s almost Valentine’s day so I felt a little inspired to make these gluten-free, dairy-free AND sugar-free heart shaped tarts. They’re packed with protein and are super easy to make.
Makes ~ 8 tarts
- 1 cup pitted Dates
- 1 cup Almonds (blanched)
- 1/2 Banana
Coconut Whip Cream
- 1 1/2 cup Full Fat Organic Coconut milk (canned, should be solid when shaken not milky)
- 1/8 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons of Stevia (or to taste)
Directions for Tart Base
1. Blend the almonds in a food processor for about 10-15 seconds, doesn’t have to be smooth. We’re going for a little crunchy texture.
2. Add in the pitted dates and 1/2 banana. It helps to cut these up to speed the blending process.
3. Place the base in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm up.
4. After removing from the fridge, use mini heart shape cookie cutters to cut out the base and create pockets in the center and raise the edges so it looks like a heart-shaped bowl. Place in the fridge again to firm up.
Directions for Coconut Whip Cream
5. Pour out the cream from the can and throw out the liquid part that usually sits on top
6. Add the stevia and vanilla and whisk to blend ingredients together
7. Place in the fridge to firm for 1-2 hours.
Then place, and decorate with fruit and coconut flakes! You can let these chill for 1-2 hours in the fridge or overnight until ready to serve.